Drivers are getting aliaught up in law enforcement’s increased presence as more and more traffic cameras go up, DUI checkpoints arrive, and radar technology appears on the roads. As city, state, and local government budgets continue to get slashed, the need for increased revenue becomes a top priority. The budget gaps are commonly being bridged by the issuance of more traffic tickets. States makes millions of dollars a year in traffic tickets, and now they are increasing their methods to catch drivers all over the state. Unfortunately, not just drivers who are breaking the law will be affected. Responsible drivers can be issued tickets from a traffic camera for waiting to turn left on red, speeding up to avoid a car accident, and even for pulling a few inches too far into the intersection.
While some people may not think a traffic ticket is a big deal, the truth is that the repercussions of a traffic ticket can be devastating. Even drivers who have never gotten a ticket can face huge fines, points on their license, and increased insurance rates. If you have been issued a traffic ticket, you may feel hopeless, especially if you believe you did nothing wrong. Luckily, traffic ticket attorneys are available to assist you with your case.
With the help of a qualified traffic lawyer, you have a chance at avoiding huge fines and penalties. They will go over your case with the extensive knowledge of traffic law in mind. If you have had multiple traffic tickets, it is even more important to consult with a traffic ticket attorney. They will help you avoid losing your license, having your insurance rates increase, and even help keep you out of jail.
Why Use a Traffic Ticket Lawyer?
- A traffic ticket attorney knows the court system. It can be very difficult going at it alone in traffic court. Many different complicated forms, long lines, and impatient judges are what you will have to deal with on your own without the help of a traffic ticket attorney.
- An experienced traffic ticket attorney will be familiar with the prosecutors and judges. Knowing the key players involved in traffic court is important, and deals can be made through the presentation of a strong case.
- If you decide to contest a traffic ticket, you will have to go to court. A traffic ticket lawyer will ensure that the legal system procedure is correct, and your rights are properly upheld.
- A good traffic ticket attorney has a deep knowledge of traffic ticket writing procedure, and how law enforcement should behave upon pulling over a vehicle. They will be able to go over the ticket issued to you, and ensure proper procedure was used.
- Because of the many cases a traffic ticket attorney works with, they have an expert knowledge of the local area’s road conditions. Perhaps a stop sign is notoriously obscured by a tree, lines haven’t been repainted on Ocean Avenue in years, or a traffic camera is known for malfunctioning; an experienced traffic ticket lawyer will know where the problem areas of a local road are. They can build your case based on the hundreds of previous cases they have worked on that were in similar problem areas.
- A traffic ticket attorney can work with the judge and prosecutors to lessen the charges against you. They can work to move the charge from a serious speeding ticket to something less devastating on your permanent record. By changing the charge, a traffic ticket lawyer can help keep your insurance rates from increasing, from points on your license accumulating, and even from losing your license completely. Traffic ticket lawyers work on many different types of cases, they understand how to fight the charges, and work to lessen them. Without their expert help, you will be hit with the most severe charges and penalties, and will have to deal with the repercussions for years.
- For drivers who have been charged with traffic tickets in the past, hiring a traffic ticket attorney is even more important. Jail time, loss of license, and major fines could await a multiple traffic ticket offender. The ticket fines can be devastating, but if charged, multiple traffic ticket offenders face major increases in car insurance rates. You could go broke with the many fines, increased insurance rates, and bills that will pile up from one too many traffic tickets. A traffic ticket attorney will save you money, and help you keep your license.
- Fighting a traffic ticket in traffic court can take days. Missing work can cost you – and eventually you could even lose your job for missing too many days. Parents unable to take their kids to school, or activities, not only are missing out on their personal time, but are also inconveniencing their families. With the help of a qualified traffic ticket attorney, you don’t have to waste hours of your valuable time in court. A good traffic ticket attorney can go to court for you, fill out forms and file them on your behalf. You may not even need to go to court; your traffic ticket lawyer may be able to handle the whole thing for you. If you are facing multiple charges, a traffic ticket lawyer can separate them, and file each individually for you. Often, this lessens the charges and fines, and keeps you from facing serious repercussions like jail time.
A traffic ticket attorney will save you time and money. With their help you can fight the charges against you without spending hours in line, filling out confusing forms. An expert traffic ticket lawyer will help reduce or remove the charges against you, and will give your case the best chance possible. Don’t let a traffic ticket cost you your license, major fines, increased insurance rates, or points on your license. Contact a traffic ticket attorney today to discuss your case, and work toward the best outcome possible.
For cases involving auto accidents, or property damage in the Pennsylvania area you should contact a Philadelphia accident lawyer who will work with you to pursue a claim for damages.